Libraries / Hitotsubashi University European Info
- EUIJ Library
- Hitotsubashi University Europena Info (EUi) (Japanese):
About the Centre, EU Information
- EUIJ Tokyo Consortium Libraries Cross Search (Japanese only)
EU and Japan
- Official EU page on EU-Japan relations
- Delegation of the European Commission to Japan
- EU Institute in Japan, Kansai
- The Japanese Mission to the European Union (the old homepage)
- EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation:: European Office
- Japan-EU RelationsEInfo page of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan
- Japanese Institute of International Business Law (english)
- Action Plan for EU-Japan CooperationEEuropean Union-Japan Summit, Brussels 2001
- EUSA-Japan (Japanese European Union Studies Association)EJapanese European Union Studies Association. Info
- The Centre for New European Research (Hitotsubashi University COE Programme繝)
- Hitotsubashi University, Internationalization Strategies (Japanese only)
- EU-Japan Fest: Founded in 1992 to "promote greater mutual understanding and mutual trust between Japan and the European Union", The EU-Japan Fest supports activities in culture and art, such as the photo projects European Eyes on Japan and Japanese Eyes on Europe / Europe Today
EU Information Sources
- EUROPA - The European Union On-Line
The official site of the European Union. It provides extensive Information about the EU. Here some particularly interesting sub pages:
- The EU at a glance
- Publications EEncluding booklets, maps, and othersEE/li>
- Discussion Corner
- For the "Latest News about the EU" see the links section of our "EU News" page.
- See also the following link pages:
- The EU Center Oklahoma provides useful links to several EUROPA sub pages
- Yahoo: European Union
- Find an extensive collection of commented links related to EU and european studies at: European Information
- Delegation of the European Commission to Australia/New Zealand
- Delegation of the European Commission to the US
- Delegation of the European Commission to Canada
- Delegation of the European Commission to China
- Delegation of the European Commission to the Republic of Korea
Scholarships and Academic Cooperation
- Academic Cooperation Association (ACA)
- Erasmus Mundus
- The University of Milan offers 3-year Ph.D. programmes for the acamic year 2007/2008.
The Graduate School in Social, Economic and Political Sciences of the University of Milan offers four 3-year Ph.D. progammes in Economics, Labour Studies, Political Sciences and Sociology. Each Ph.D. programme provides scholarships for both EU and non-EU applicants. Doctoral fellows will be enrolled in the Graduate School programme, which includes courses, seminars and summer school sessions. Working language at the school is English. The application procedure for the academic year 2007/2008 has just been activated and the Graduate School invites international students to apply as soon as possible.
For further details, please visit the web page and contact Mrs Nadia Simionato, Graduate School Administrative Office at email@example.com.
- European University Institute (EUI), Fiesole
"The European University Institute was founded in 1972 by the European Community Member States. Its main objective is to provide advanced academic training to PhD students and to promote research at the highest level."
- European Policy Centre (EPC)
"The European Policy Centre (EPC) is an independent, not-for-profit, think-tank, committed to making European integration work. The EPC works at the 'cutting edge' of European policy-making providing its members and the wider public with rapid, high-quality information and analysis on the EU policy agenda."
- The College of Europe
"The College of Europe is a centre of academic excellence preparing individuals to work and live in an international environment. The College of europe focuses on postgraduate european studies in the legal, economic, political and interdisciplinary domains, while also providing a range of tailor-made seminars and trainig courses targeted at executive and public sector officials."
- The European Institute
"The European Institute is the leading Washington-based public-policy organization devoted to transatlantic affairs. It provides an independent forum for US and European government and corporate decision makers, officials from multilateral organizations, foreign and economic policy analysts, and expert journalists to exchange information, develop innovative policy options, and create new professional working relationships."
- The European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA)
"The European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA), created in 1981, is an independent institute carrying out training and research on public administration and European policies, providing a variety of services to the administrations of the Member States and the candidate countries as well as to the EU institutions in support of their tasks and responsibilities related to European integration."
- European Union Studies Association (EUSA)
"The European Union Studies Association (EUSA) is the premier scholarly and professional association, worldwide, focusing on the European Union, the ongoing integration process, and transatlantic relations." It provides information and ideas on the European Union.
For essays on EU issues see: EUSA Review Fora and Essays. See alsoEUSA Teaching Ressources.
- European Inter-University Centre for
Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC)
"The European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) is a centre of education, training and research activities in European policy areas related to the promotion of human rights and democracy.
The principal activities of EIUC are: to ensure the continuation of the European Master's Degree in Human Rights and Democratisation (E.MA), to ensure the continuation of the EU-UN Advanced Internship Programme, to initiate other training and research activities in the field of human rights and democratisation."
EU Centers in USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
- European Union in the US EProvides links to all 15 EU Centers in the US.
- EU Center University of California, Berkeley
- Miami European Union Center
- EU Center, University System of Georgia
- EU Center, University of Illinois
- EU Center, University of Michigan
- EU Center, University of Missouri - Columbia
- EU Center of New York
- Center for European Studies, University of North Carolina at Capel Hill
- EU Center, University of Oklahoma
- EU Center, University of Pittsburgh
- Maxwell EU Center, Syracuse University
- EU Center, Texas A & M University
- EU Center, University of Washington at Seattle
- EU Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- American Consortium on European Union Studies (ACES), Washington, DC
- NEC - National Europe Centre
- New Zealand
- NCRE - National Centre of Research on Europe (New Zealand)EE
- Institutes and Centres for European Studies in Canada
- Centre for European Studies, Carleton Univerity, Ottawa
- European Studies Program, University of Victoria
- Institute for European Studies, University of British Columbia
- Institute for European Studies / Institut d'études européennes, University of Montreal and McGill University
- Institute of European Studies, York Univeristy and University of Toronto